.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Your Tributes Make a Difference

I was reminded how much of a difference when I opened this email a few days ago.

Dear "Some gave all" bloggers,

I was just looking for recent articles about my late husband, SGT William (Bill) Meeuwsen and I came upon your blog! I can not tell you how touched and honored I feel by your kindness and gratitude towards my husband (his sacrifice) and our military! God Bless you and your hearts!! I was starting to feel discouraged because it's coming up on a year since his passing and although I know grateful Americans won't forget him, I needed to see him being remembered! So thank you for bringing hope back into my life! If you wouldn't mind, I recently made a memorial website for Bill and I'm trying to get exposure out about it. Please visit when you have time, it would mean a lot to me! THANK YOU! :)

Here's the link: http://william-meeuwsen-a-true-hero.memory-of.com
May God be with you wonderful Christian bloggers, our troops, their families and our country!

Sincerely,
Lauren Meeuwsen
Wife of SGT William B. Meeuwsen, KIA 11/23/05, Iraq


I asked Lauren if I could reprint her email here because it touched me so deeply. I also saw this as an opportunity to give her husband's memorial page the exposure it deserves.

Won't you please click the link above and show your appreciation to Sgt. Meeuwsen's wife for her incredible sacrifice.

If you haven't already offered, we are still in need of volunteers to write tributes to many soldiers. In all honesty, it's very least we can do for them and as you can see it does make a difference.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Notesy said...

I have just shared a story about what our family went through on 9-11. That was a horrible day.

http://thewoodenporch.blogspot.com/2006/09/september-11th-2001.html

9:25 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This is an awesome blog site. This weekend my husband and I are going to the Vietnam War Memorial Dedication in Pierre, SD. I am so proud of my husband's service and no that I am praying for all those who husbands and father's are not with them due to their sacrifice to our wonderful nation.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Often I find myself searching for new articles, post or websites dedicated to the brave soldiers that are killed in action. It’s a way of never forgetting the ultimate sacrifices some have given and the daily sacrifices all have given to serve this wonderful country. That being said, William “Bill” Meeuwsen is my best friend. I still find it hard to stomach that he’s really gone. But I embrace his memories and I continue forward knowing that so many people back his heroism and dedication. I know he did not die in vain. He’s always had a calling to join the military and after 9/11 he could no longer be silent. He will never be forgotten, his memories will always have a place in my heart. I will continue to support the U.S. Military and their families, after all with out them; we would not have the freedoms we hold so dear. I will continue to pray for the troops both with us and the families’ of those brave souls who have passed. As will I continue to find comfort in others’ words of gratitude for my dear friend’s ultimate sacrifice. He taught me how to love and he taught me how to live...he's one of the most amazing men I have ever known. I am truly blessed to know him and be apart of his extended family. I know I will see him again in Heaven and that keeps me smiling. Thank you.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home